2009-09-20

How to spend a Saturday

Folks: It is not that difficult to prepare a good breakfast, is it? Everyone agrees on that with me? In Caloura Hotel Resort it seems to be a never ending struggle. Like a fight you cannot win. Tomorrow I should take my camera to table and film the disaster.

When I arrived in the restaurant this morning at 8:50 (you have to get up that early, as after 9:30 it gets pretty hard to get anything between your choppers at all) there were neither tomatoes (one of the two sorts of vegetables they serve here, remember?) nor scrambled eggs left. Of course there was no orange juice - but I'm getting used to that. They have something they call "passion fruit juice", which is so damn sweet, I bet there are loads of sugar in it. Anyway, enough rambling about breakfast, even though - as a German - I really enjoy bitching about things.
Yesterday was totally relaxed. I spent a lot of time uploading pics to a web album and doing research to find out how to spend my Sunday or even Saturday evening. I take tons of pics here. Not much else to do. Fortunately I took my notebook with me as apart from watching nature run its course there is not much adventure here. The island is quite boring in terms of places to go out.

In the afternoon I undertook a hike - (okay, you would probably call it a little promenade) to the tiny harbor they have here in Agua de Pau. Luckily I had my parasol with me because at 3:30 in the afternoon it was pretty sunny. On my way I took photos of the landscape, of plants and houses (see below).




In the harbor you can find a few boats, a café with a nice view, and a "natural swimming pool".
Also, I made friends with a little guy who came to my table repeatedly. Apparently he was a lonely lizard (photo below). I tried to take him on video, too, but unfortunately my camera seemed to be more interested in the volcanic rocks than in the little guy.

The unemployment rate on the Azores is low - so I was told - but the impression you get is different. There are many men hanging around on the streets, staring at strangers, and drinking in broad daylight. That also was the case in the little harbor.


On my way back I met a friendly couple from my hotel. They gave me a lift in their rented car and we exchanged our impressions of the island.

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Abonnieren Kommentare zum Post [Atom]

<< Startseite